MAKE YOUR STORY HAPPEN
The International Screen Academy is the newest film & TV training institution in Australia. Founded in 2013, our vision is clear; to provide the most personalized, hands-on, practical training in Acting in the Southern Hemisphere.
Simply, we have gathered the best lecturers from across the globe, who have assisted in launching the careers of industry icons in Australia, Hollywood and internationally.
We matched this expertise with state of the art Production Studios that are second to none and a teaching philosophy that focuses on personalised attention for all students. In some institutions you are a number, at ISA you are an individual screen practitioner.
Being new, means we can be cutting edge. We break new ground all the time and encourage our students to push the envelope in all their work. Being the best means taking risks and taking risks requires courage, that’s why we are a selective program. We look for students who are committed, excited and strive for the highest standards. This makes everyday exciting at ISA.
The International Screen Academy’s facilities provide real production environments for learning, undertaken in tailor made film, sound and production studios. A purpose built fit out means students have access to state of the art studios and cutting edge equipment and technology. International Screen Academy students become expert storytellers. They graduate being masters of their art and having what it takes to be leaders in their chosen field.
PRODUCTION STUDIOS BUILT FOR THE FILM & TV INDUSTRY
The ISA Production Studios house state of the art facilities and equipment including a sound stage, cinema, movement studio, training rooms, production offices, postproduction mastering suite, editing suites and animation pods. Our facility is installed with the latest fibre optic cable for high speed internet and narrowcasting.
The International Screen Academy is an award winning Production Studio, winner Tertiary Category, 2014 Master Builders Association Excellence in Construction Award.
We have significant partnerships with international industry heavyweights. In fact, we work with some of the best production companies in the industry who use our facilities for film & TV shoots. Our students are offered opportunities to be part of these productions wherever possible.
ISA provides Government accredited training programs for Actors. Offering Advanced Diploma and Diploma courses, our training is for both screen artists beginning their journey and industry practitioners alike.
For long-term students, we have pathways towards undergraduate study in Australia and internationally.
INTERNATIONAL FILM & TV RELATIONSHIPS
In the film & TV industry, we’ve all heard, “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know that counts.” We believe that the skills and talents you develop in our programs need to be utilized to the utmost in the international film & TV industry.
That’s why we have significant connections in the business. Our relationships span the globe and, wherever possible, we offer our graduates opportunities to launch their careers. These industry relationships are only possible because we maintain high standards from our students.
We believe the only way you learn to be a Actor is to do it. Our programs are designed to make you practice, reflect, then practice and then perform, perform, perform. The outcome of this is an extraordinary amount of practical screen work that is born out of understanding the art and craft.
Watching movies is important, making movies is essential.
A REAL STUDIO ENVIRONMENT
Our Actors and Filmmakers all work together under the same roof. This means relationships are forged that we hope will last a lifetime in the industry. Working and socialising across film & TV disciplines continues cutting edge learning for screen artists, encourages greater creative work and is simply fun.
We are seeking students with unbridled passion who want to make a serious impact in the international film & TV industry. We can teach the art and craft, but we can’t teach passion. That’s what we’re looking for. An applicant with a big dream, filled with passion, who wants make their mark as a professional in the international film and TV industry and not afraid to strive for excellence.
We are very selective across all disciplines. Entry to our accredited programs is by a strict audition and interview process. Our goal is not to fill seats with students and promise the world – we are serious about assisting students launch their careers. This is why we have very limited enrolments and our thorough audition and interview process.
For students who are successful in gaining enrolment at ISA, this means the opportunity to work with fellow students who are just as committed to reaching their dreams.
If you would like to visit the ISA Production Studios, please don’t hesitate to contact us for a personal tour. We can sit down and explore your study options. You can even sit in on a class. We want to answer all your questions so you can make an informed decision.
WHY INTERNATIONAL SCREEN ACADEMY?
- ISA employs’ industry professionals with real credits. Many institutions will offer “industry professionals” as lecturers, however they have not worked at significant levels in the international film and TV industry. Our lecturers have had major impact in their chosen fields. This is why many of lecturers’ are also the chairs and presidents of the guilds for their industry bodies.
- Our curriculum makes you practice under real world conditions. You will learn the theory for great practice and then make movies. Lots of them. We believe this is the best way to learn.
- You study with actors and filmmakers all under the one roof. Our hope is that you will build professional working relationships that will last a lifetime.
- Our facilities are built for filmmakers not educators. When you study at ISA, you study in a purpose built facility that is industry standard. We work with many professional production companies who rate our facilities as best in class.
- You are not a number. At ISA you experience a personal training culture where you are a student number amongst hundreds of other students. Our classes are small, our selection process rigorous and our lecturers inspiring. We want you to succeed and most of all, find your own voice.
- A program built on storytelling. Our programs are built on the foundation of storytelling. Communicating your story is our philosophy. Actors serve the goal of communicating an emotional, captivating story that engages the audience to see the world in a fresh way. That is the hope for all our students.
- We believe culture is just as important as outcome. We want students to enjoy the process of learning. Challenges are part of the process and we’ve found the best way for students to grow as artists is to support them. At ISA you’ll find a culture of support and inspiration, where all artists are encouraged to tell their unique story.